extra slider features
I would like to use the slider control as part of a custom remote for controlling the level/volume on an audio mixer. The current implementation appears to have the following limitations:
- horizontal orientation only
- minimum value fixed at zero
- hard-coded '%' suffix on displayed value
- (progressvaluemax attribute seems to be broken (on raspberry pi server with windows phone and Android clients at least) and seems to be fixed at 100)
It would be great if:
- it were possible to specify a vertical orientation (either by explicit layout attribute or inferred from the aspect ratio in the layout) so multiple sliders could be arranged side-by-side in a manner similar to sliders on an audio mixer for example
- it were possible to specify non-zero (and negative) minimum (default 0) and maximum values so could use the slider to control things such as audio level, eg, over the range -30 to +10 dB. Taking this further could possibly add the concept of a step size (default 1.0) so could adjust in steps of, say, 0.1 or 0.5, which might be useful for other applications.
- the default '%' value suffix could be overwritten with a custom string, eg, "dB" or null.
Hopefully these enhancements would make a great tool even better.
Thanks in advance.
Do you think that maybe the scroll wheel remote has implications for this? I'm not sure where to find information on how this works but that's neither horizontal nor vertical, suggesting some underlying flexibility exists.