extra slider features
I would like to use the slider control as part of a custom remote for controlling the level/volume on an audio mixer. The current implementation appears to have the following limitations:
- horizontal orientation only
- minimum value fixed at zero
- hard-coded '%' suffix on displayed value
- (progressvaluemax attribute seems to be broken (on raspberry pi server with windows phone and Android clients at least) and seems to be fixed at 100)
It would be great if:
- it were possible to specify a vertical orientation (either by explicit layout attribute or inferred from the aspect ratio in the layout) so multiple sliders could be arranged side-by-side in a manner similar to sliders on an audio mixer for example
- it were possible to specify non-zero (and negative) minimum (default 0) and maximum values so could use the slider to control things such as audio level, eg, over the range -30 to +10 dB. Taking this further could possibly add the concept of a step size (default 1.0) so could adjust in steps of, say, 0.1 or 0.5, which might be useful for other applications.
- the default '%' value suffix could be overwritten with a custom string, eg, "dB" or null.
Hopefully these enhancements would make a great tool even better.
Thanks in advance.