Some annoying things
I bought the full version for iphone , and I am on ios 8.3 and windows 8.1. I found some annoying things with the app.
- When i click the volume button in the middle and the volume buttons show up I have to click multiple times on the volume up or down button, to raise or lower the volume, I cannot just keep pressed and the volume would raise or lower.
- I am also using the SwiftKey keyboard, and whenever i change the keyboard to the swiftkey one, the buttons above the keyboard do not show up, you know the one with the keyboard and the mouse, they just dissapear and it's really annoying cuz I always have to go back to the remotes and enter again the remote i was using or i have to change the keyboard from swiftkey to the normal one, and also when i change the keyboard to the swiftkey one on some other app, it also changes to the swiftkey one on the unified remote app too.
- Sometimes when i am using a remote and after a while i unlock the phone to go back to using the app, sometimes it does not work not even after a few good seconds, I have to go back to the remotes and and reselect the one I was using for it to work. I mean it does not do anything like it would not be connected.
4.The bsplayer remote is kind of buggy. I mean on some videos the buttons work. On some they don't. I have noticed this is somehow related to the filetype i am playing. On some filetype it works on some it does not.
Strangely the navigation buttons work on every filetype on bsplayer.
5.The buttons on youtube remote do not work they just slide the screen to one side or the other.
- The mouse control, is weird. Sometimes when i scroll using two fingers it either right clicks or it zooms in or out the page. It 's good but i think it could be better. As an ideea it would be nice to be able to go back in the browser or forward by swipping before the screen starts to the center to go back and from the right of the screen to the center to go forward, you know like on some asus laptop trackpads.
Also I saw on youtube a videoclip about how you're going to make the phone as a joystick. When is that going to come to the app? Also when you install the server on the pc, there are some options i didn't check what are they? Like windows service, and joystick or game controller? How can the game controller be used?
Other than this I love your app and I think you did a pretty good job. Keep it up! Thanks in advance for replying! :)
forgot to mention I am on iPhone 5 ios 8.3, latest version of the server on windows 8.1
Also logs from pc if useful:
Server.log.9 Server.log.8 Server.log.7 Server.log.6 Server.log.5 Server.log.4 Server.log.3 Server.log.2 Server.log.1 Server.log.0 Server.log
Alright will try to give you an answer.
- Need to test how it would work if you could press and hold.
- I can reproduce this and consider it a bug.
- The app has probably disconnected from the server to preserve battery. But you are correct that it should reconnect automatically.
- It would be great with a list of file types that work and do not work.
- You need to have the youtube player in focus for it to work.
- Mouse is something that always could be improved. But thanks for giving some specifics.
- The windows service make it possible for the server to start before a user is logged in. Thereby is it possible to login to a computer with unified remote. The joystick option exists because unified remote do have support for joysticks and other game controllers. We will soon release a remote that do use this feature.
I tested a little the bsplayer remote and I noticed that it works with all video file types, but only if I open them from their containing folder. If i try to open them directly from the torrent client the buttons and the remote take no action on bsplayer. Anyway this is a minor annoyance, i don't mind it.
Hey. Also lately everytime i click maybe 5 - 10 times, then the click does not work anymore.I can keep clicking on the phone but it does not click on the computer. I have to exit the keyboard, go back to selecting the keyboard and than enter the desired keyboard and hit trackpad icon again for the clicking to work. Why is that? I'm on windows 8.1 and ios 9.2 on iphone 5 with latest version of your app. paid.