Kodi For Video 2 + installation guide
Kodi For Video 2
Version : 2
- seeking inside the movie
Version : 1.1
- shutdown function
All features are ordered and reported on screenshot.
- Display statut (Not Connected, Not playing, Connecting, Title of current movie)
- Go to home
- Display context menu
- Display movie information
- Display a popup menu wich allow to Exit, Shutdown, Suspend, Hibernate, Reboot
- Control sound level of Kodi
- Navigate in every menu of Kodi
- Select the current menu or video
- Return to previous menu
- Control windows menu with media button in the bottom of the screen. It's the music sound icon.
- Launch Kodi from remote
- I've try to display thumbnail or FanArt but it's too slow. Currently I don't know how to retrieve thumbnail from Kodi. I can just receive image from url.
- Choose a audio language
- Choose a subtitle or none
- Seek bar which show the progression of watching. I would like to pick a time for seeking inside movie but the widget does not exists currently.
- List all available sources. !!! The selelection of a source works only in List view !!!
- Clean Kodi DB
- Refresh Kodi DB with new movie. It will grap information and thumbnails from specific web site like https://www.themoviedb.org
- It's the default screen from official Kodi Web Advance remote. So, it's not mine
After installing it you must configure Kodi for beeing controlled by Unified Remote.
- Launch Kodi.
- Go to "System" → "Service" → Web Server.
- Check "Allow control of Kodi via HTTP".
- You can change the Port number. But it's important to configure the remote command with the same port.
Inside the folder "KodiForVideo", there is a file "settings.prop". You can configure the following parameters (all values are default):
- host: localhost
- kodiPath: %programfiles(x86)%\Kodi\Kodi.exe
- pathForThumbnail: nothing (currently disable because of perf problem)
- playerId: none (information retrieve from Kodi)
- port: 80
- status: stop (this is a variable for the remote command)
- trace: 0 (disable/enable tracing)
On Windows, when you installed Unified Remote Server, the specific folder "%ProgramData%\Unified Remote" is create.
It's the same as "C:\ProgramData\Unified Remote".
You must extract archive KodiForVideo inside "%ProgramData%\Unified Remote\Remotes\Custom" like this.
I've tested with Unified Server 220.127.116.117 (33) and Android version 3.4.1(34001).
You can find the project here.
OK, thanks a lot
What directory do I need to extract the zip file to? The remote still doesn't show in the list.
I was downloading to my phone. Now I see I have to download to the server thanks!
Now I get an error that says "could not find attributes"
16:37:37 [Error] Could not load custom remote: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unified Remote\Remotes\Custom\KodiForVideo\layout.xml
16:37:37 [Warn] Could not find attributes: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unified Remote\Remotes\Custom\KodiForVideo\layout.xml
16:37:37 [Info] Starting server
I am having the same issue that rbbfpe described in his last post
Test this version and see if it works.
I'm come back from holidays.
I will fix this this week.
You can use the previous version until I've fixed it.
Thank you for your patient.
This post is deleted!last edited by