Lower the volume on incoming phone call
My idea is, to automatically lower the volume on the currently selected host, when a phone call is incoming.
I'm working from home, and i like to listen music, but when i'm not near to the PC, and a call is comming in, i can't run to near the PC for lowering the volume, and i can not tap my phone in time, to change volume down.
Or maybie an event based system, what can run commands on the target machine.
This should be possible using Macrodroid and UR together. In attempting to create the macro you described, I ran into an error (discussed here).
I will investigate tomorrow and get back to you.
Ok so now I have this working, using UR, Macrodroid, and Tasker. Haha, a bit spread out. I'm sure it would be possible without Macrodroid (MD), but MD is just so easy to use. I just created a Tasker task that interacts with UR to avoid the bug (reported here), then Triggered it with MD. It would be much better if MD support was repaired.
- Tap the tasks tab
- Tap the + to add a task, name it
- Tap the + to add an action
- Tap Plugin, Unified Remote, Configuration
- Choose Remote Action from the UR Action Wizard.
- Choose the Volume remote. Choose a volume percentage. Tap Next, Done.
- On opening Macrodroid tap Add Macro.
- Choose "Call Incoming" from the list of Triggers. Tap OK to "Select Contact(s)". Select first four choices (Any Contact, Any Number, Non Contact, Unknown Caller).
- Choose "Launch Sortcut" from the list of Actions. Choose Task Shortcut
- Tap the big tick circle bottom right to confirm no more Actions, again for no Constraints (exceptions to the rule - maybe time of day..)
- Name macro, OK
Thats it. Note, instead of the Volume remote, I use the VLC remote to pause playback. You can really pick whatever you want.
It's like a dream. THX!