Flic + Unified Remote = 💗
I'm a backer of Flic, the creators of which have partnered with Unified Remote. It's basically a physical button remote to your phone that takes 1 click, double-click or hold as input.
What do you think would be a really creative/cool remote or action you could trigger with the press of a physical button? Post your ideas! Perhaps this thread can be a collection of Flic + UR ideas. If they're good ones, someone might code it and make it a reality :D
Some ideas of my own:
- Snooze button on the opposite side of the house. On hold, it unlocks an alarm on your computer that can only be stopped by Flic. (Perhaps locks your computer with a randomly generated password the night before?)
- This is ridiculous, but place a book/large surface on top of a Flic button, then point your webcam at the area the button is in. When pressed in anyway, start a video chat on Skype so you can see what mischief your cat/dog/etc is up to while you're out :P
- Sooo many potential prank ideas...
@ronCYA nice to hear that you're a backer. It's a really cool gadget. We've had a lot of fun testing the prototype we have and the new integration with Unified Remote. Check out my announcement post here for some screenshots:
@pbergqvist Yeah I saw that- really cool stuff, thanks for the screenshots! It was actually seeing the latest Flic update + your video that made me want to create this thread :) Can't wait to start playing around with them.
Felipe Sousa 70
How I said in the other post just now. I'm interested in Unified Remote to build some shortcuts to send as midi to my desktop.
I think it would be perfect use Flic + UR in a project like that. I could build full midi keyboards, and in my case, a table to change the guitar effects with my foot.
Building a full keyboard of buttons that are ~$39 each is going to get expensive very quickly! I love UR, but a normal keyboard, perhaps paired with something like AutoHotKey might be better suited to the task.
Sometimes the best keyboard... is a keyboard haha. Just because you can do it doesn't mean it's the best way to do it— just check out the crazy NFC keyboard @pbergqvist made!:
I like to use the flic button to activate the listen function (mic-button) for voice recognition/ action at the unified remote app…
Please have a look here:
Can anyone say if this would already work together?
If not - please dear dev-team think about it! thanks
Flic + Unified Remote does not work.
i have flic app on my iphone 7
i have unified remote full version app on my iphone 7
i have flic button
i have windows 7 pc with unified remote server
i cannot connect flic app to unified remote so when i click the flic....the action is to execute "left click" on the pc
any workaround for this ?
@Developers I do have the same issue as bogdanvmiu, the flic / unified remote combination is not working. The reason why i downloaded the full unified remote app is to use the flic buttons with it in combination.
My setup looks as follwos:
- OnePlus 3 Phone with Android 8.0.0
- Flic App on the Phone and one Flic Button connected
- Unified Remote App installed on the Phone and a Server Client on Windows
The Unified Remot App itself and the Flic itself work fine, just the combination does not do anything.
What can we do about this?