For the first time in 4 years we are going to release an new app on Android. Until now we have added more and more features to Unified Remote in every release, which has made it possible to control more and more things both on your computer but also other devices. The problem with this strategy is that Unified Remote is starting to become difficult to use for certain use cases. One example of this is to control IR devices.
Therefore we have decided to create a new app called Unified TV that will only have one purpose: to control IR devices.
What is Unified TV?
Unified TV is Unified Remote, but for your TV, set-top box, game console, and more. The biggest difference however is that it is the first version of Unified Remote that does not require a server for its operation. It is however possible to add a server, but then it is only used for finding more IR blasters that are connected to your computer (for example USB-UIRT).
Visually we have redesigned the main screen (remotes list). A bit more touch of material. But we've also created a new remote selection wizard where you can select your remotes based on category, brand and model.
How can I use Unified TV?
To use Unified TV you will need an Android device with a builtin IR blaster, a compatible network blaster, or a computer attached blaster. At the moment these are the supported devices:
- Built-in Blasters: LG G3/G4, HTC One M7/M8/M9, Samsung S4/S5/S6, Samsung Note 3/4/5, Tab Pro
- Network Blasters: Keene, GlobalCache (coming soon...)
- Computer Blasters: USB-UIRT
What can I control with Unified TV?
As of the first release there are 51 remotes available, but we will continuously add more remotes based on user feedback.
- TV: Hitachi, Hyundai, Insignia, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Sanyo, Sharp, Sony, TCL, Toshiba, Vizio
- Set-Top Boxes: Canal Digital, Comcast, Time Warner, Viasat, Western Digital
- Game Consoles: Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS2
- Media Players: Apple TV, Nvidia Shield, Roku
During early access it will not possible to add your own remotes. It is however something we plan to add in the future. If you'd like to see support for a new device let us know by replying to this thread and we'll put together a list of requests.
Requests that we are looking into:
- Logitech Z906 Speakers
- Sony BDV-N790 (receiver)
- Sony STR-DN1040 AV Receiver2
- Fetch TV STB (rebranded Yuxing?)
- Harman Kardon sb26
- Jensen TV
- Vizio e500i-b1 (code set not found)
- asus nexus player
- ** Vmedia Vbox STB (Canada)**
- Broksonic sc-20145
- Dynex TV
- HiFi amplifiers-Naim Nait 5si
- Bravo TV
- Daewo TV
- UPC decoder
- Onkyo TX-SR313 receiver
- Panasonic TV TX-24C300E
- Toshiba BDK33 Blu-Ray player
- Santo TV
- Bauhn TB ATVS5-915
- RCA TV
- Tele2 set-top box
- Oppo 103 Blu-Ray player
- Minix neo X8h-plus
- Dish Network (set-top box) (Added in 35006)
- Direct TV (set-top box) (Added in 35006)
- Add Exit button to samsung remotes (Added in 35006)
- Thomson (TV) (Added in 35006)
- Telia Sweden (set-top box) (Added in 35006)
- Vizio (TV) (Added in 35001)
- Magnavox (TV) (Added in 35001)
- Epson home cinema 8350 (projector) (Added in 35001)
- Windows IR (MC) (Added in 35001)
- Yamaha (receiver) (Added in 35003)
- Kabel Deutschland (set-top box)(Added under the vodafone brand)(Added in 35007)
- Westinghouse TV (Added in 35007)
- Polaroid TV (Added in 35007)
- Technika (Added in 35007)
- Hisense TV (Added in 35007)
- Sony KDL-60R550A (TV)(hopefully added 9 new remotes) (Added in 35007)
- LG Energy Save (Added in 35007)
- Verizon Fios cable boxes (Added in 35007)
- SKY HD (Added in 35007)
- Samsung bluray home theater Models HT-F6500W and HT-D4500 (Added in 35007)
How do I join the Unified TV early access?
Click the link below! During early access the app will only cost $0.99 (this might change when we release the final version).
The only way to go back to me and I have a nice day